It takes both time and effort to maintain your lawn’s picture-perfect appearance. Most people wish to enjoy their weekends and not spend their time cleaning and trimming the yard under the hot sun. Many homeowners opt for professional lawn maintenance after discovering that the lawn service cost is not as high as they feared.
Several factors can determine lawn service cost, including the size and shape of your yard. If you have been thinking about trying out professional lawn services. But are worried about the price, we’re here to help you figure it out.
We’ll outline the key lawn care services and break down the elements that can lower or drive up your lawn service costs below.
How Much Does Lawn Service Cost
As stated above, it takes a lot of work to keep your lawn looking its best. Apart from regular lawn mowing services, you may also need other lawn care services like hydroseeding, lawn fertilization, landscaping, etc.
Whether you hire the kid from down the street or a professional company to maintain your lawn. You need to factor in the following:
- Size and Location: It’s a given that a bigger lawn takes more time and effort to service. That’s why your lawn service cost rises with increased yard acreage.
- Obstacles and Condition: You may have to pay higher lawn care costs if your yard lies on a sloping surface or has several obstacles like large tree stumps or old tree roots. These obstacles make it difficult for a lawn service professional to mow your lawn or lay down sod.
Similarly, the existing condition of your lawn also factors into how much you can be charged. If your yard is well-watered and mowed regularly, the maintenance services and charges will be minimal.
On the other hand, a neglected and overgrown yard requires more manpower for its upkeep, which drives up the cost of lawn care services.
- Recurring Lawn Service Cost or Customized Packages: Many professional lawn care companies offer weekly, bi-monthly, or monthly lawn care and maintenance services. Paying for a weekly lawn service ensures that your yard stays in good shape and costs less than a one-time service.
You can also opt for standard or customized lawn care packages, including regular lawn mowing, fertilization, landscaping, hydroseeding, etc. You no longer have to worry about scheduling these services for your lawn and also get multiple benefits for a bargain price. It’s rather like buying lawn services in bulk.
- Seasonal Changes: Weather changes can either drive up or decrease your lawn service bill. You may not need regular lawn mowing during the winter as your yard is covered in snow. However, at the same time, you may require snow removal or clearing services, especially if your driveway is blocked. This service cost for snow removal is more as it requires extra manpower and specialized equipment.
If you want to know the cost of lawn care service in Savage, MN, and surrounding areas, get in touch with Pro Green Lawn Service to learn more about our cost-saving packages today.
Now, let’s take a look at some service-based lawn service costs.
Estimating Lawn Service Cost by Service Type
Your overall lawn service cost varies depending on how many services you need and how frequently you require them. For instance, you may need weekly lean mowing services but may not require hydroseeding or landscaping services as frequently.
The best way to estimate your lawn service cost is to explore the prices of different services:
- Cost of Lawn Mowing: As one of the more basic services, lawn mowing costs are not very high. However, you can be charged more if your lawn is larger than the average American size. Or if your grass hasn’t been cut in a long while.
Any additional labor required to clean and de-weed your lawn also costs extra. While you can mow the turf yourself, you need to follow a lawn mowing safety checklist to avoid injuring yourself and others. Or you can avoid the hassle altogether and enjoy the summer lazying around in your hammock while the pros do it for you.
- Cost of Sprinkler/Irrigation System Installation: If you have a sprinkler system or plan to install one to irrigate your lawn regularly, you need to hire a specialist to design and lay down the entire system.
The task requires advance planning, heavy groundwork, and regular maintenance, and initial costs may seem high. However, once you see how green and fresh your lawn looks, it will be worth it.
- Cost of Lawn Aeration: This is another labor-intensive service involving an aerating machine that creates holes in your turf. These holes allow air, water, and nutrients to reach the underlying root system for a lush, green lawn. The lawn service cost for aerating is higher. But it’s a periodic service that you need perhaps just once a year.
You can get an excellent price for this service from your regular lawn care and maintenance company as part of a package.
- Cost of Lawn Dethatching: Thatch refers to a living layer of dead and decaying organic matter between the soul and your growing grass. It’s a regular part of your lawn and even protects your soil’s moisture and mineral content.
However, as your thatch builds up over time, it can kill your grass and destroy your soil. If you notice the thatch getting higher on your turf, it’s time to call in the experts!
- Cost of Weed Control and Degrubbing: Weeds and beetle grubs can be dangerous to your lawn if allowed to grow unchecked. If you notice any dead, brown patches or weeds overrunning your property, it’s time to call in the professionals.
The task requires great care and attention to detail; it’s likely to cost you more than a few pennies. The best thing is to keep an eye on your lawn and nip these problems in the bud before they cause significant damage. If you are worried about the price, you can contact us for a free quote. We will do our best to accommodate you.
- Cost of Hydroseeding: Sod installation is a high-costing and labor-intensive way to put down your turf. Instead, opt for hydroseeding, a fast, cost-effective, and efficient alternative to sod.
For an accurate hydroseeding estimate based on your lawn size and requirements. Contact the experts at Pro Green Lawn Services today!
- Cost of Lawn Fertilization: You need to apply the right products at the right time to ensure a lush, green turf with healthy growth. A low-cost way to go about this is to opt for a complete lawn service package that takes care of all these things.
- Cost of Landscaping: Landscaping your lawn involves many facets like project design and plant and material selection.
A well-established lawn service company like Pro Green will design your dream landscape at your dream price!
- Cost of Snow Removal: Reliable snow-blowing services can be a lifesaver, especially in the dead of winter.
Pro Green offers 24/7 snow removal, from single driveways to large townhouses and office buildings. We ensure that you’re not caged in by the heavy snow.
Looking for the Best Lawn Maintenance Services at an Affordable Price? Contact Pro Green Lawn Service Today!
If you are looking for hassle-free and affordable lawn care services, you can’t do better than Pro Green Lawn Service. Pro Green’s years of experience and cutting-edge lawn maintenance solutions deliver superior results while cutting down lawn service costs.
Our competitive pricing and innovative products knock all competitors out of the park and make us Minnesota’s go-to lawn care service provider. Contact our lawn care experts today to experience top-of-the-line lawn maintenance and care.